Welcome to the ASI-UK website!
Our core objectives and activities support Seventh-day Adventist lay-led independent ministries that are in support of the furtherance of the value and vision of the church movement.
Our goal is to support members and the church movement to "Share Christ in the Marketplace"
ASI-UK is an umbrella organisation that supports, promotes and encourages lay-led ministries that support the purpose and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, a worldwide christian faith.
Adventist-laymen’s Services and Industries, UK (ASI-UK) is the United Kingdom chapter of ASI.
Members seek to live out God’s love in their lives and share that love with the people they encounter in their business, professional and support ministry activities – hence the mission of "Sharing Christ in the Marketplace".
ASI is an organisation of Seventh-day Adventist lay people involved in professions, industry, educaion, and/or services and exists to challenge, nurture and provide experience in sharing Christ in the Marketplace as well as supporting the global mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Our members are committed to dedicating their skills, talents and resources for the advancement of the gospel commission (Luke 19:13; Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 4, p. 469), through our work whether it be in health & social care, business and commerce, education, or non-profit, charitable work.
The ASI philosophy promotes a Christ-centered lifestyle, manifested by a commitment to be in daily partnership with God.
This year we support the activities of following partner associations
- AMEN-UK the Adventist Medical Evangelism Network
- AMSSA - the musicians, singers & songwriters association
- ATA - the Adventist Teachers Association
- The "Inspiring Tomorrow" Youth mentoring programme (activity in partnership with the BUC Youth Department, SEC Pathfinders and the London Area Adventist Council (LAAC). This programme is delivered bythe Family Life Project (FLP) Job shadowing / work experience project)
9 April 2017
Our goal is to support members and church to "share Christ in the Marketplace"
ASI-UK Membership Criteria
As an organisation our membership is drawn from the members of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church or organisations based in England, Northern Ireland, Eire, Scotland and Cymru. Our members are:
- companies owned by Seventh-day Adventist lay people
- Seventh-day Adventist professionals (i.e. qualified individuals who are full members of a recognised professional body e.g. medical/ clinical staff, solicitors, accountants, management consultants etc.)
- other self-emloyed Seventh-day Adventist individuals and executives, and
- various not-for-profit self-supporting ministries and missionary groups who operate for the benefit and salvation of people and in harmony with the core values of teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
We have previously had non-voting membership open to young people and students over the age of 18 in full time education or training and associate membership to organisations that are owned and operated by the UK registered charities of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. (This membership option is not being made available for 2015)
Our board and membership have been working together to re-ignite and inspire everyone to share Jesus in the workplace.
This is an exciting time.... join us as we change the face and shape of Evangelism in the UK! For information about the ASI purpose and the ASI Committee for the current year click here
Inspiring Tomorrow Info Session happening in London - Summer 2017!